Image source: hominybaptist.com
Solidarity. Unity or agreement of feeling or action, especially among individuals with a common interest; mutual support within a group (according to the Oxford English Dictionary). So what does it mean to show it? I think a big part of it is precisely that – showing it, not telling it. Showing up. Showing you care.
Here’s a list along these lines, of ways we can show solidarity.
- Being there and making an effort. You only regret the things you don’t do.
- Looking for ways to help people, without thinking ‘what’s in it for me?’
- Reaching out to people. Making connections. Making conversations.
- Making time for people. Entertaining their conversation topics.
- Being polite. Holding the door open. Sharing.
- Appreciating the people around you. Paying someone a compliment.
- Thinking about what your actions mean to other people.
- Having a sense of humor. Sharing jokes. Laughing with other people.
- Seeking help from other people when you need it. Sharing your trials and tribulations.
- Being loyal and showing support.