Image source: wobi.com
Andreas Weigend, former Chief Scientist at Amazon.com
We are now creating more data than mankind did from the beginning through to the year 2000. How can companies manage this data and make sense of it?
Four key tips to managing data
- Start with the question, not the data
- Focus on decisions and actions
- Base your fitness function on metrics that matter to your customers
- Embrace transparency
- Geolocation: where do people go?
- Search history: what did people search for?
- Purchase history: what did people buy?
- Social graph: who are their friends?
- What are their demographics?
More at Business Research and Insights blog of NAB