|Image Source: Conde Nast Traveler|
The things I need most are:
- Simplicity - since I arrive at all times during the day or night after long flights.
- Always on communications - since we live in a 24/7 world.
- An inspirational gym - it's the best way to beat jet lag.
- A good, casual kitchen - so healthy foods are available 24/7.
- A manager who becomes a friend - a warm welcome from a familiar face can make a real difference.
- Some access to the outdoors - any type of garden, balcony, open windows is so refreshing after hours on a plane or having been stuck in meetings all day.
The Bulgari in Milan (pictured) which also delivers a creative, inspirational back story - it used to be a nun's convent - and incredible style.
The Orient Express Hotels - in Italy particularly. Maurizio Saccani and his team run vagabond luxury experiences like no other.
The Ritz Carlton everywhere - where customer service is the best I've ever experienced. Our Team One agency works for them and tell me that the essence of Ritz Carlton is "Let us stay with you."
So thank you Attilio, Giampaolo, Maurizio, Franco, Marco, Omer, Ralf and everyone at the Ritz Carlton for keeping the show (and me in particular!) on the road.