Thursday, June 23, 2011

Is It A Kiss?

Australian Scott Jones and Canadian Alexandra Thomas became an Internet sensation when this picture was snapped in the midst of the riots after the Boston Bruins beat the Vancouver Canucks in the Stanley Cup. The lightning speed with which it circled the globe shows the power of mystery (are they kissing or not?), sensuality (the closeness is beautiful) and intimacy (which is only heightened by the violence around them). It was a compelling moment, a protective embrace in a dangerous scene, another example of beauty in the chaos. Kudos to Scott – this is heroism in HD.

2 comments:

Eilish Bouchier said...

I believe there is beauty everywhere. It is our duty to remember to look for it. I was recently in traffic in India. There was a man with a vegetable cart making his way through a narrow street and he was holding up everyone behind him. I loved that he seemed not to notice or car about the horns and the impatience that surrounded him. I was in a auto rickshaw and I glanced behind me at this very withered and exhausted looking rickshaw cyclist. He wore every moment of effort on his face and on his too lean body. I then looked down and there was a beautiful fresh bright pink hibiscus flower on his handlebars. It made me smile and it made me cry. Another example of beauty in chaos.

Darren Green said...

This is definitely a kiss. Her hands are on his neck, his are on her shoulders. It could be a first kiss for this oblivious couple.