Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seasons of Love

A few weeks ago I ran the news that our agency in Argentina, Del Campo Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi had been named Ad Age’s International Agency of the Year. The agency had made a video to support their entry, and it featured a soundtrack from the Spanish language version of the Broadway musical Rent by Jonathan Larson. The song Seasons of Love can only be described as anthemic: a chorus of voices soaring high in glorious unison. It’s one of those can’t-get-that-tune-out-of-my-head numbers.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes,
How do you measure, measure a year?

Answer = Love is the only proper measure of a year in a human life. Well, a quick Google turned up the film version of the song Seasons of Love. It’s a joy, and for this reason only – joy – I’m putting the clip up today. Turn up the volume and share.


Elle Fagan said...

First - Happy Valentines Day ! I hope that your knee is better.

Congratulations on the Prize. Saatchi has earned it, I am sure.

The thing that always impresses me is that life in 2011 is international and intergalactic, with Ads in Argentina and elsewhere as readily accessible as those in New York and London. This is a destiny-altering thing for the world and each soul in it.

I was born in 1947 and one went to South America to disappear - nottannnymore!

In fact: Being a part of our part of evolution is what keeps us sailing along after 50 I think - at least, that's how it feels ... and it is a fine feeling, indeed.

Kameliya Kamenova said...

It's wonderful...thank you:)