For change to take real effect, it needs to be personalized. Saatchi & Saatchi S, our sustainability agency, is working with companies to implement nano-practices in the workplace to reduce carbon use.
We call this DIY contagion DOT, Do One Thing. Each person is encouraged to choose one thing to pursue regularity. It can be anything from cycling to work or doing laundry with cold water. It’s just one thing, a start not a complete change of life. One person’s DOT may stand alone, but connect a billion DOTs together and you’ll see a movement of change happening.
Employees throughout our own network have shared their DOTs. Here are ten, from Sao Paolo to Singapore:
- My DOT is to take public transportation to and from airports whenever possible.
- I use the same bottle for water each day every day.
- I am going to stop smoking.
- I no longer use plastic shopping bags.
- My family will no longer buy water in plastic bottles.
- I turn off the tap while brushing my teeth.
- I buy ecologic food and supplies, when possible.
- I will not eat meat at least once a week.
- I will drink coffee from a reusable mug whenever possible.
- To find my bike in the cellar – yes, and to use it!