Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Being Jeff Bridges

Since I began this blog people have been sending me blogs and websites they like and love. The quality they share that jumps out at me is personality and imagination. Top of my list has got to be the wonderful website written, or should I say created, by actor Jeff Bridges. As a long-time fan of the Dude and every other aspect of that great film The Big Lebowski, I always enjoy watching him on screen but his site is something else. A whirlwind of creativity and imagination just begins to describe it. Jeff obviously told the technical people that the only way he would do it was his way, and that is what he has done. Words scrawled across pages, set in albums, encrusted with whimsical drawings. It’s fun, entertaining and an incredible insight into Bridges’ life and work. Check it out. He is about to begin filming The Iron Man and you can go along for the ride. Jeff Bridges' site is the essence of authenticity.

Tags: ,


Tom West said...

One of the coolest websites I have ever seen. Leave it to Jeff to come up with a totally fresh take on website presentation.

Tom West

Kempton said...

Yeah, Jeff does a great website and I was pleasantly awed by the site last time I visited and I still am amazed by how cool the site is. What a creative mine.

neilperkin said...

This an amazing site. How wonderful that it's so uncorporate and there's so much of him in it.

Allison said...

How refreshing! A web site that is beautifully simple in some ways, very captivating and effective. Thanks for pointing this site out Kevin.

Jozef Imrich, Esq. said...

As always I enjoy your discoveries ... If Barbara Tuchman blogged like you Kevin she would probably state: “Blogs are the carriers of civilization. Without blogs history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill.”